6 cans + a pound of chicken = 5 dinners
Do you like Thai food? Good — me, too. My friend Pierre taught me how to make this, and it immediately (read: after he moved away, and stopped making it for me) became one of my staples. Take a pound of chicken. Add:
It’s dinner tonight, and it’s 4 more freezer-friendly meals for 2.
Chicken Green Curry
- 1 lb chicken meat (Pierre always used thighs; I prefer breasts. It’s up to you.)
- 2+ teaspoons green curry paste
- 3 cans of coconut milk (more if you like your curry liquidy)
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots
- other assorted veggies (I like mushrooms and water chestnuts, but you can use basically anything)
Cube your chicken meat.
Put your wok over medium-high heat. Put two heaping teaspoons of green curry paste, plus more to taste, into the wok, and heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant. I know when it’s ready, because I always start to sneeze. Add the chicken, and mix until it’s coated with curry paste. Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Open all your cans. Drain the liquid from the bamboo shoots and other veggies. Add them to the wok. Pour in the coconut milk.
Simmer over medium heat for 40 minutes. Serve over steamed rice. Let the rest cool, then portion up for your freezer!